Thursday, October 21, 2010

MISSIONARIES MULTIPLIED

It has been a crazy YEAR. It has almost been a year since Summer unexpectedly passed away. We have enjoyed spending time with the babies. They are growing so fast. Spencer is a year now and Sophia is three. Stan is doing well. It is tough to be a single dad. But we are very proud of him. Stacey Hatch is also doing much better and the kids have been back home with her since December. Again being a single mom is very commendiable.

In April we were able to get Jake into the mission field. He is in his second area training a new companion and doing really well. We are VERY proud of him and can hardly believe it has been six months already.

Mom passed away in May and its October. Finally both headstones for Summer and Mom have been ordered. I am worried they will not get set before bad weather flies. But at least they are ordered and will definitely make it in the ground.

In July Denton was called to be the Bishop of the Tremonton 10th Ward. He is doing such a great job. I am very proud of his obedience and service towards others. And yet he continually puts us FIRST. And never complains.

In September Jayci received her mission call to Ohio Cleveland Ohio Mission and she will also be serving in the Kirtland Visitors Center. We are very excited for her. She was able to attend the temple for the first time on October 19, 2010. It was a great day we enjoyed sharing it with her. It is very pleasing to know that two of your children have lived worthy enough to enter through the doors of the temple and can make covenants with their Heavenly Father in preparation of Eternal Marriage.

Shanade is cruising through her cosemetology classes. She is working hard to be more and more responsible each day. Bailey and Kaleb are looking forward to another ski season at the canyons. All of my kids are growing too fast. They are making great choices and doing great things.

We have been blessed to have the Local Missionaries in our home. They continually bring a spirit and energy that bring joy and happiness I am sincerely grateful for the missionary program in the church. I am preparing to pass my PLM exams for the office. It has caused alot of extra stress along with everything else. I know it will be worth it in the end.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. It is great to hear about all of your family. I'm sad you will not be making it to the Halloween party this year, but can't wait for our shopping adventure!!
    Jake looks so good in all of his mission photos! I'm excited for Jayci. She is going to do great!
    Keep in touch!
    Love ya,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! I agree with Katie, it was sad not having you at the Halloween party, but watch out Park City HERE WE COME! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your posts it is as though I'm reading or listening to one of my own children... I think it's because I love you and your family as though you're one of mine. I too am very proud of your children, but I also realize that they would not be the great children they are if it weren't for the great parents you and Denton are. If you are ever down just remember that your uncle Dan loves you eternally.

    ReplyDelete